Is God Real?

 

Does he exist? If so how, where and why? These must be some of the earliest concerns on the planet. As they are incapable of a conclusive response they will remain at the forefront of heated argument I think.

The realities show that over 95% of the human population believe in a God. If you assume the remaining 5% worship money as their God that makes a round 100%. The most primitive of primitive people, discovered in the depths of the Amazon rain forest, having had no contact with other human being have actually all been discovered to have a God they praise. Be it the sun, the moon, a carving, a natural phenomenon or a spiritual being they all identify the presence of a God.

From my point of view I am a devoted fan of nationwide geographical, David Attenborough and natural science. One only has to take a look at nature and how it is synchronised to the finest detail to understand that this can not all be a coincidence. There lacks doubt some master hand at work. I’m not going to face the evolutionists here, but I can not begin to accept that everything in production emerged from some living cell that astonishingly entered into being by accident, and then dragged itself out of the primal sludge to turn into whatever the natural world is today.

So let’s accept for a minute the unequivocal belief within the human race of something exceptional to ourselves, then why do I think in the Christian God and why should you? Well luckily my mission is not to transform you; you see I’m just the messenger, not the message. Theists always asked this question- is God real? What has always amazed me though is how rapidly people discard the Christian belief without having made the effort to study it. You see Jesus had many messages, He taught about love and redemption, the wonders of heaven and the path that leads there, however he likewise discussed hell; the lake of fire and brimstone where ones spirit is condemned to eternal flames.

What strikes me is the enormity of the decision, and the consequences of getting it incorrect. I’m a corporate guy, finance is my game, and if my business faced a danger even one thousandth this serious we would commission a detailed due diligence; hire in a group of professionals, subject every word to careful scrutiny, take a look at all proof, and we would ultimately reach an informed decision. Yet when it happens a Christian many dispose of the idea without a reservation. For some it is about peer pressure, for others the repercussions of thinking in Christ and how that may limit their way of life. In this materialistic world we live in being a Christian is just not cool.